Thursday, August 25, 2005

 

Best Intentions



The world is full of good intentions. People do things everyday with the best intentions in mind. Sometimes though the best intentions can go wrong. Sometimes the information or the model you are working from can be flawed. This does not diminish you intentions. However your intentions can affect others in ways you did not intended. At this point you should stop what you were doing. Apologize if it is appropriate to do so. I can give examples of this. My father worked 25 hours a day. He owns his own business and has dedicated a lot of time to this venture. The reason he did this was to provide us with a better life then he had. Well his intention was good. The outcome was not so good. I grew up basically with out a father.

Also I was a high energy child and I was tested and found to be above normal intelligence. Well this caused my parents to treat me as someone who should know better. Well I was a child and did not have the experience to be mature enough to know better. I tried to do what I could to please them. This was not good enough. I should have known better. I was a smart person right.
Well the intention was good the results not so good.

I am now an adult and I too have fallen into the best intention trap. The big difference between me and my parents is I have learned that I have to own up to the fact that I can make mistakes even when my intentions are good. I will apologize if my intentions have caused someone pain or discomfort. I act like an adult.

Cheers

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?