Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

Building a Life



I find myself overwhelmed with some of the tastes that I am presently confronted with. Let me expand on that. I stated in my last post that I am starting to look out for me. This in itself is overwhelming in its own right. Now add to that the fact that I am starting to look into doing things for ME. I want to learn how to dance to help build self confidence, that and I find that watching ballroom dancing has shown me how completely erotic it can be. I wish to learn more about my erotic side. This is a side of my that has been for lack of a better term dormant all my life. So dancing seems the right path.

Now learning how to dance does not in itself sound very overwhelming, at least not yet. I do not know what is involved with learning how to cha-cha so how could it be overwhelming. The overwhelming part is that I do not know how to approach people. I have always been a recluse. Now I have to actually ask someone if they can teach me something. This is a very scary and overwhelming prospect for me. I have taught myself all that I have needed to know to survive. Now I find that to LIVE I need to ask others for help.

I have been sharing this blog with some great friends who have started their own blogs. These friends have been more help then they could ever imagine. They have shared their issues with me as well. This is the part that has helped me the most. It has given me something to reflect on. I have given them an ear to listen and when asked I have even been a sounding board and given my opinion. This has helped me greatly in the fact that I look at myself even more closely. If I give advice I find that it is great advice for myself as well.

This is also overwhelming. Have you ever tried to look at yourself and find the area's that need work. It is hard to do. I have been doing this my whole life sorta. What do I mean by sorta? Well I have been examining how I have failed to live up to other peoples expectations. Well now I have my own expectations and I am trying to live up to them. Learning how to dance is one of those expectations. I will eventually learn how to dance.

Thank you to my friends for being there for me and for allowing me to be there for them. It is with big thanks to my wife that I even have friends. I owe her sooooooooooooooooooo much for all she has given me. Hugs to all and Love from me.

Comments:
I remember when we danced at your brother's wedding. That was a long time ago and you needed help in the form of alcohol to relax enough. But the walls came down and you just had so much fun...and so did I. All dance is erotic...it's the mind that counts. I found dancing with you to be very erotic...I loved it.

Your wife
 
I myself am not a great dancer. The only time I've ever really let my hair down and dance is when I was with friends at high school dances, or when I'm alone and no one is watching. It can be tough to ask others for help, but I think you can find someone wonderful that will teach you all you need to know about dancing.

As I told someone before..often when you think you are alone in fighting your battles, you don't notice that those you have helped fight their battles, are there helping you fight yours.. and from helping others fight their own battles, gives you a better perspective of how to fight your own.

You are a wonderful man, and I believe you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Take care and good luck.. I am proud to call you my friend.

-Angel/Sherri
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?